Tuesday, April 17, 2012

25wks

I made it to 24 weeks and now another week has passed and I'm 25 weeks. Everything is still going well. Doug and I took vacation last week and worked on the house. We painted the baby's room on Monday (zero VOC paint + good ventilation) and luckily it didn't take too much time. We were finished by the early afternoon. He also put together the crib and changing table too and we have them in the room now. On Wednesday we drove to Atlanta to visit Ikea and to just have a little getaway. Our trip to Ikea was good, we bought picture frames, curtains, a small rug, and two storage cubes for the baby's room. Afterwards we had a really delicious dinner and frozen yogurt. Unfortunately that night I slept horribly, I kept waking up every few hours. There really was no reason for me to not be asleep, the room wasn't too hot or too cold, there wasn't noise (except Doug's snoring) but I just could not sleep. We ended up leaving earlier on Thursday than we intended to because I was so tired from the lack of sleep and just wanted to go home. Friday we (Doug) put together the storage cubes and hung the prints in the frames we had bought. I have to hem the curtains because they're a few inches too long but the room is coming together. On Saturday we went to an estate sale and scored a vintage wood rocking chair. It has some minor issues that Doug is going to fix. It still seems so weird to have a crib in our house. 

I feel good, I have to go to the bathroom a lot but I'm also drinking a lot of water so that's to be expected. I have started to feel more and more movement. The other morning I was sitting down eating a bowl of cereal and I could feel something moving around and I watched my belly for a few minutes and it kind of shuddered, which was pretty cool. Of course that hasn't happened since and I haven't been able to show Doug but hopefully the little one will start kicking harder soon so Doug can feel it. 

I think I might be having Braxton-Hicks contractions off and on. Occasionally I'll feel my abdomen get tight, just for a few seconds. It doesn't hurt, it just feels different, I'll ask my doctor about it next week. I'm a little concerned about the gestational diabetes test, I hope I don't fail. I've started back to the gym during my lunch hour and doing at least 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm also trying to lay off the sweets/bad stuff. The numbers on the scale are really freaking me out, they're numbers I've never seen on a scale before. 

All in all, everything is still going well. It's starting to feel more and more real that we're having a baby this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment