Monday, November 15, 2010

$4,796.94

That's my cost for enough Bravelle for another IVF cycle (54 vials) via the specialty pharmacy our insurance company has been having us use. We have used up our $5,000 infertility drug benefit and we are now paying 100% out of pocket. I found the information on the Bravelle HEART program and called Village Pharmacy to inquire about it. I ordered my progesterone from Village because the specialty pharmacy our insurance had us use didn't carry it. Anyway the very nice patient care rep at Village told me with the HEART program my costs would be a lot less than $4,796.94, about $2000 less. It's still a crapload of money that will put even more of a strain on us but it's slightly more manageable than the first number.

Between the time I called pharmacy #1 and the time I called Village I thought of other ways to spend $4,796.94. In no particular order:
  • Buy a used car
  • Partially remodel Doug's bathroom (maybe even fully remodel it, it's pretty small)
  • Airfare and a five star hotel for two persons to London for two weeks
  • Purchase 171 skeins of Madelinetosh Pashmina yarn
  • Canon EOS 5D Mark III and an assortment of lenses and accessories 
  • Vintage Heywood-Wakefield Dining Room set (with some leftover cash for new china)

No comments:

Post a Comment