Friday, January 27, 2012

5wks2days

Note: My husband and I are currently expecting our first baby after 7 years of infertility and 3 cycles of IVF. I have been writing blog posts since we found out but not publishing them until now (I’m currently 13 weeks). I’ll be posting one a day until I ‘catch-up’ to current time. I ask that if you know me ‘in real life’ that you not post about this on Facebook, because while we are ecstatic to be this far, we are still being very cautious.

Written December 1, 2011

I woke up at 5AM this morning. I eased out of bed and into the bathroom, no blood. I went into the living room and sat on the couch, intending to knit a few rounds before I got in the shower. I started having some cramping but it was not uterus cramping, it was stomach cramping. My stomach was not happy with me. But still no blood.

I've felt fine since but I'm getting a rumbling, crampy stomach again (at least I hope it's my stomach). I'm so scared that the embryo has stopped growing. I really wish they had given me a third beta. I have resolved to not POAS because even if the embryo has stopped growing I'll still have hCG in my system and still have a positive HPT.

I feel like I jinxed myself because yesterday I pulled the Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy out of storage. I bought it five years ago right before our first IVF cycle. It's brand new, the spine isn't even cracked.

We want this so bad, please little embryo be healthy and keep growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment