Saturday, January 28, 2012

6wks

Note: My husband and I are currently expecting our first baby after 7 years of infertility and 3 cycles of IVF. I have been writing blog posts since we found out but not publishing them until now (I’m currently 13 weeks). I’ll be posting one a day until I ‘catch-up’ to current time. I ask that if you know me ‘in real life’ that you not post about this on Facebook, because while we are ecstatic to be this far, we are still being very cautious.

Written December 6, 2011

I am 6 weeks today. It's 6 days until our ultrasound. Truthfully I wasn't sure we'd make it this far. Every day without bleeding and cramping is a tiny victory. But the bigger, scarier moment of truth will come next week. I think if I had more symptoms I would be less scared. I still haven't had morning sickness or nausea, my boobs continue to be a little sore (probably thanks to the progesterone/estrogen) and my sleepiness has tapered off quite a bit. I don't feel like I'm pregnant, I feel normal. It doesn't help I've read in several places (here, here) that women that have morning sickness are less likely to miscarry. My worst fear is that when we get to the ultrasound (provided nothing bad happens between now and then) there won't actually be anything in there or if there is there won't be a heartbeat. We never catch a break when it comes to this process and I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I had to order more PIO and progesterone suppositories today and I hated to do it because I felt like I was jinxing us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment