Monday, January 30, 2012

8wks

Note: My husband and I are currently expecting our first baby after 7 years of infertility and 3 cycles of IVF. I have been writing blog posts since we found out but not publishing them until now (I’m currently 13 weeks). I’ll be posting one a day until I ‘catch-up’ to current time. I ask that if you know me ‘in real life’ that you not post about this on Facebook, because while we are ecstatic to be this far, we are still being very cautious.

Written December 20, 2011

This morning we got the best Christmas present ever. Our tiny little embryo grew since last week and is measuring 8wks1day (1 day ahead still) and has a heartbeat of 164 bpm. This week it looks more human than amphibian. The ultrasound tech pointed out it's little arm and leg buds and the head was bigger and we saw the teensy little umbilical cord too.

We are both elated, there's still a long way to go before we're out of the woods but it was so, so, so wonderful to see that heartbeat again. I can't tell you how thankful we are right now. Still cautiously optimistic, but feeling much better. I am fully aware of the bad things that can happen even after this point but I'm trying to stop worrying so much and enjoy where we are right now.

I have graduated from the RE's office and have my first regular OB/GYN appointment next Wednesday. I don't know what type of ultrasound equipment she has so this may be out last ultrasound for a while (which freaks me out). My last PIO shot was last night and my hips are thankful. I'm still on the vaginal suppositories for a couple of more weeks but they aren't nearly as bad as the shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment