Friday, February 3, 2012

11wks

Note: My husband and I are currently expecting our first baby after 7 years of infertility and 3 cycles of IVF. I have been writing blog posts since we found out but not publishing them until now (I’m currently 13 weeks). I’ll be posting one a day until I ‘catch-up’ to current time. I ask that if you know me ‘in real life’ that you not post about this on Facebook, because while we are ecstatic to be this far, we are still being very cautious.

Written January 10, 2012

Wow. Eleven weeks. Unbelievable. I still can't believe I'm really pregnant. I feel pretty much the same, my hunger is dying down a little but I'm still sleeping a lot and I have a few other less than lady-like symptoms. The doppler I rented came last Thursday and it took us a little while but we were able to find the heartbeat, best sound ever. I'm using it once a day for just a few minutes, it's gotten a little easier to find without as much trouble. It's a beautiful sound and it's help calm my nerves frequently. Plus I think it makes Doug really excited to hear it too.

Knock on wood there's been no more spotting. I did have some light cramping a few days ago but I imagine it's just because the baby is getting bigger and stretching my uterus out more (at least I hope that's what it is). My 12 week appointment is next Tuesday and *fingers-crossed* everything will be just as it should be. Our first trimester screening appointment with the MFM doctor is the 23rd, another hurdle to clear, again lots of praying/hoping/fingers crossed that there's a healthy baby in there. We still aren't finding out the gender but I say boy and Doug says girl. I think not finding out is going to be the best surprise ever. 

I'm gradually getting more comfortable with the idea that I'm actually, truly pregnant. My work skirts are continuing to get tighter and tighter and I've found myself looking at maternity clothes online. I'm resisting buying anything for another couple of weeks though, I'm too superstitious.

No comments:

Post a Comment