Wednesday, February 29, 2012

18wks1day

I got busy last week and didn't post but luckily it was a pretty quiet week. We did get the results of our blood work earlier last Friday and it was all negative, the MFM nurse said they were the best numbers you could get. Big sigh of relief. Another hurdle crossed on the way to the finish line a take home baby. I still feel good, my need for sleep is off and on. Last Thursday I skipped out of work a little early because I was positive I was going to fall asleep on my desk. I am starting to get tired of sleeping on my side, it makes my hips hurt. I think I'm going to get one of those long skinny pillows to sleep with. No complaints really, even if I had complaints I don't care, I'm still soooooo grateful to be pregnant, I'll relish all the symptoms and inconveniences I get. I'm pretty excited about our next checkup and getting to see baby again via ultrasound. I've starting going to acupuncture every other week and I'm not sure how long I should keep going. Obviously I feel like acupuncture/Dr. Needles is a big reason why I'm pregnant but I know it's probably going to get more and more uncomfortable to lie down on the table the further along I get. Maybe I'll just ask him.

 I did have a little scare on this past Monday, which might be TMI so avert your eyes if you're squeamish..............
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
On Monday morning I woke up, went to the bathroom to prevent my bladder from exploding and when I got ready to flush I saw something, um, odd in the toilet. It looked like I had blown my nose, but from my lady parts. The thing that freaked me out was that it was yellowish in color with two brown streaks. This lead to me panicking and thinking I was losing my mucus plug or something equally horrifying. I got the Doppler and easily found a strong heartbeat but I still wasn't reassured. I called my doctor's office and left a message for the nurse (it's a small office, only one doctor and only one nurse). I had to wait all day for a callback but the nurse told me that if it wasn't continuing to happen and I wasn't cramping or bleeding it was fine. So then I felt better. Although I still used the Doppler a few extra times that day.

On a less gross front, I ordered a few dresses online and one of my friends brought me a bag full of things. Last week I went to Motherhood Maternity to get a pair of jeans and lo and behold they had a pair of petite jeans in my size. Shopping there was weird though, I felt very out of place. When I went to check out the sales clerk asked me a million question, including my due date, and before I knew what was happening I was in their 'system' and she was handing me my jeans and a bag of samples and coupons.
This week we both went Facebook 'public', also our 8th wedding anniversary. We got many congratulations and good wishes and that makes us both feel very cared about.  This week I've also been thinking about a few other IF bloggers who have suffered devastating losses recently.  It just reminds me how fragile this all is.

No comments:

Post a Comment